29 October 2008

STOP THE H8

I'm really getting tired of California and its Indian Giver ways (sorry for the slightly racist colloquialism). How many times are they going to grant everyone the right to marry then take it away a few months later? Something's got to happen, something's got to change and while I applaud their forward movement in the realm of GLBTQ rights it's just absolutely mean to dangle what should be a basic civil and human right in front of us. I really hope enough people turn out to vote down Prop. 8. More importantly I really hope enough people open their eyes and realize that marriage for everyone isn't threatening anyone's way of life, it's merely improving the lives of so many who aren't protected by the legal benefits that the government grants married couples.

I'm too angry with society to continue right now. I'll post a substantial blog later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The world just ain't fair my love, it just ain't fair.
But one day when society finally takes its head out of the sand and opens its eyes all this will be worth it.